Don’t overwhelm your current electrical system
Your electrical wiring and other components are designed to handle a certain amount of daily usage. Increasing the amount of daily electricity usage without upgrading its underlying support puts you at risk for hazards like electrical fire, especially if you have an older home. Rytec Electric will give you a free estimate on all of your home renovation’s electrical needs.
We’ll update every part of your electrical system, including:
- Putting your home up to modern safety and building codes
- Your home’s power usage capacity
- Your home’s energy efficiency
- Your home’s electrical panel
- Your home’s circuit breakers
- New installations like
- Electrical outlets and light switches
- Safety alarm systems
- EV charging stations
- Light fixtures
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI)
- Other electrical systems
Your whole house will feel brand new
When you finish a major construction project, you’ll probably want to sit and relax. With up-to-date electrical work, just about all of your rooms will be easy to rest in. And, you won’t have to worry about unexpected electrical problems coming up anytime soon – guaranteed.
Why Work with Rytec?
We’re confident about what we do because we have hundreds of successful projects under our belt. Our clientele see the quality of our work, too. Most of our new customers come from referrals by friends and family who have already used our services.
Prepared for Anything
We’re going to stay on your schedule: We arrive on-time with everything we need for a job ready to go in our vans. We’ll solve unexpected complications quickly and communicate those solutions to you clearly so you’re always on the same page.
Every one of our electricians is licensed, which means they have years of experience. We have meetings every week to continue training and improving our skills. It keeps us sharp and capable of finding solutions for all kinds of problems.
We can handle every part of a project. We’ll communicate with your electric company, secure necessary permits, show up on time for every job, and so much more. We clean up after ourselves before we leave, and we work with you to prevent too much disruption to your routine.
20 Years of experience
We’ve got two decades of experience in serving our community. We’re not afraid to say we’re good at what we do, and we put our money where our mouth is: All of our electrical work has a one-year labor guarantee.
What are our customers saying about our work?
GREAT TO WORK WITH
“These people are great to work with, showed up when they said they they would, very professional yonung man DAVID, went above and beyond my expectations. If I need anything in the future, they will be my only call, excellent customer service!”
– Danny H.
RECOMMEND TO ANYONE
“Fantastic, on-time, professional service!!! Recommend to anyone reading this!! Will use for future projects!”
– Ron B.
“First company I called were not able to schedule until weeks out. Rytec was my next call and they were available the next week. Clinton came out and did a great job! Thanks, Rytec. You will be my first call next time.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I need to upgrade my electrical panel?
Whether you need to upgrade your electrical panel depends on factors like:
- Its age:
- Panels have a life expectancy of anywhere from 25 to 40 years
- How well it is functioning:
- Your panel should not feel hot to the touch or make any sound beyond a gentle hum
- Your lights should not dim when you turn on an appliance
- Your circuit breakers should not be frequently tripped or unable to be reset
- Whether you are expecting to exceed the energy usage your panel has the capacity for:
- If you are upgrading your appliances
- If you are planning to add or have added new space to your home, like an office or rooms
How do I know if my home needs rewiring done?
If you have an older home – especially one built before 1973 – you’ll likely need rewiring done in your home to bring it up to modern code with modern electrical materials. You probably need rewiring done if you have an issue like circuits tripping regularly or discolored outlets, which indicates you might need more circuit breakers or a higher electrical capacity for your home.
How often should I have an electrical inspection?
Generally, how often you have an electrical inspection depends on the age of your home and whether you’re making any major decisions involving it. Some times to have an electrical inspection include:
- If you’re making major renovations
- If you have appliances at least 10 years old and/or you’re installing new appliances
- If you’re preparing to purchase or have purchased a new home
- If you have a newer home, you typically need an inspection every 10 or so years. If you’re a landlord or your home is over 25 years old, you should aim for about every 3 to 5 years.
Can I DIY electrical upgrade projects?
There are few, if any, cases in which it’s wise to DIY an electrical project. At best, it could cause an issue with home inspectors if you decide to list your home for sale or with your insurance company if you need to make a claim of some kind. At worst, you’ll harm yourself, or set your home up for an electrical fire or other serious danger in the future.
Get in touch today!